Enabling wifi on Lenovo R60 AR5212 using madwifi-0.9.4.tar.gz :
Well i am sure everyone installed madwifi and it actually worked for some people ( see ankur‘s Directives ).
1)open terminal in su mode and enter directory where the madwifi-0.9.4.tar.gz has been extracted.
2)type ‘make’ press enter
3) type ‘make install’ press enter.
4)type ‘ modprobe ath_pci’ press enter.
Now here some people would have gotten “unable to insert module ….. no such device”
Heres what to be done :
1) go to /lib/modules/220.127.116.11-42.fc8/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/ath5k
2) rename ath5k.ko to ath5k.so.bkp (actually you can just delete it or blacklist it see comments)
3) go back to the madwifi directory to termianl
4)type “make uninstall ” press enter.
5)type “make clean” press enter.
7) Rename re-extract your madwifi-0.9.4.tar.gz to a different folder ( THIS ISNT NECCESSARY, BUT EVERYTIME I HAD TO DO THIS)
8) enter the new madwifi directory . Type “make clean “press enter.
9)type “make” press enter . type “make install ” enter.
10) type “modprobe ath_pci ” press enter.
NOW no new errors should come your network manager will now have wireless network selection.
!!!!!!!ENJOY!!!!!!! (PLZ COMMENT IF THIS METHOD WORKED FOR YOU OR NOT!!)